Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Helloooooo 2014

It's here! 2014 is officially here! 2013 has come and gone. It was a huge year in my life. Engaged, married, new job (went back to teaching); it was truely a year to remember and hands down, it was the best year of my life so far. It didn't come without negative moments. I have always heard that weddings bring out the CRAZY in people and let me tell you, that is indeed true. But the crazy was worth it because in the end we had a wonderful wedding that I would never trade or change for the world.

We did some really fun traveling, too. Post wedding, we went on two ''mini moons'', one to Seattle and one to Disneyland. We also ventured to Vegas to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday. Kings games, CAL football games, A's games, Tahoe, Sonoma, party buses, wine tasting, we really did it all. I couldn't ask for a better year with better friends and family. We are very very blessed. 

And so... here we are. January 1, 2014. Today is my man's birthday. He likes to tell me that he was born partying. And this seems to fit him TO A TEE. People who don't know him always ask me ''does he talk?'' And people who know him wonder ''will he ever shut the f up?'' I could go on an on about him but that's no fun to read. Let's be honest, embarrassing stories and remarks are far more entertaining. But today, on his birthday, I'm going to be sweet and sensitive when referencing my manchild. I won't blast him or tell his outrageous tales. That would be wrong on his special day. I WILL tell you that today we had a birthday barbeque for him. I spent 2 days preparing food, marinating meat (chicken and beef skewers and two tri-tips) prepping Chinese chicken salad, scalloped potatoes, and tons of yummy appetizers, (menu and recipes to be posted later), and last but not least, a beautiful, color-coordinated cupcake display.  After dinner, he wanted a cupcake. A little something sweet to send him right over the edge of ''full-belly'' into an ''I'm stuffed, I'm gonna roll around on the couch and rub my belly in pain'' food coma. He examined the cupcake container for about 2.5 seconds, couldn't figure out how to unlock it, and instead of asking me how to open it, proceeded to bang and slam it REPEATEDLY (as if it were a coconut on a rock). He knocked over all 24 cupcakes. Yes, that's correct. Chocolate, fun-fetti, sprinkles, green and blue frosting, all smooshed together into a disgusting dessert schmorgeezborge. (Because it makes perfect sense that banging the side of the cupcake container will magically spit out a cupcake like a damn vending machine). Uggh...some people's kids. But today, today I will not air his dirty laundry. We have 364 more days for me to do that this year and believe me...he will provide plenty of material. Happy New Year people. 2014 is going to be fabulous. 

Here are a couple pictures of us ringing in the new year and celebrating my man's birthday last night.

 (Pictured: My New Year's Eve ''ho dress'' as reference in a previous post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do!

We do!
I love to laugh with him.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Followers

Oski

Oski
The sweetest, most naughty cocker spaniel you will ever meet

Meesha

Meesha
Miss Sassy Pants herself

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.

Dancin in the moonlight...

Dancin in the moonlight...
Powered by Blogger.

LOVE

LOVE
10.11.13

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved